Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit. Ephesians 5:18
In Psalm 85:6 the Sons of Korah cry out, “Will you not revive us again, that your people may rejoice in you?” Do you have the same cry in your heart? Why not take the time to prayerfully consider the following fifteen keys to personal revival:
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal unconfessed sin in your life (cf. Psalm 139:23- 24).
- Seek forgiveness from anyone you may have offended (cf. Matthew 6:14-15; James 5:16).
- Forgive the people who have offended you and make restitution where necessary (cf. 2 Corinthians 2:10; Colossians 3:13).
- Examine your life on a daily basis by asking the Holy Spirit to reveal motives, words and deeds that are not of Him (cf. Psalm 139:23-24).
- Guard yourself against compromise, complacency and mediocrity (cf. Proverbs 4:23-27; Acts 20:31; 1 Corinthians 16:13).
- Cultivate an attitude, and the practice, of grateful praise and thanksgiving regardless of your circumstances (cf. Ephesians 5:19-20; Philippians 4:4; 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18).
- Live by the Spirit and refuse to be ruled by your sinful nature (cf. Galatians 5:16-17).
- Pray for the filling of the Holy Spirit on a daily basis (cf. Ephesians 5:18).
- Develop an absolute dependence on Jesus Christ as your Lord and Saviour by constantly submitting and humbling yourself before Him (cf. Philippians 2:1-5).
- 10. Study the attributes of God and rejoice in who you are in Him (cf. Ephesians 1:3-14).
- Hunger and thirst after righteousness (cf. Matthew 5:6).
- Love the Lord with all your heart and soul and mind; and love your neighbour as yourself (cf. Matthew 22:37-39).
- Read, study, meditate and memorize the Word of God (cf. Psalm 119:1-176; Colossians 3:16).
- Determine to live a holy life of faith and obedience (cf. 1 Peter 1:13-16).
- Reach out to others with the love of Christ (cf. Matthew 28:19-20).