Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened. Matthew 7:7-8
In order for the work of the local church to advance, believers must pray regularly and specifically. Here are some suggestions to help guide you as you intercede.
For the worship time, pray:
- For the power and presence of the Holy Spirit to be manifested and to fill the place of worship.
- For God’s anointing to be on the musicians, singers, sound engineers, and worship leaders.
- For spiritual discernment to flow with the leading of the Holy Spirit.
- For angels to come as ministering spirits “to serve those who will inherit salvation” Hebrews 1:14.
- For a sacrificial and joyous spirit when the tithes and offerings are collected for the Lord’s work.
- For people to humble themselves before Almighty God, to worship in spirit and in truth, to seek His face, to be healed of their infirmities, to be strengthened in their faith, set free from demonic spirits, filled with the Holy Spirit, and revived again so that they might rejoice in Him.
For the teaching/preaching time, pray:
- For the anointing of the Holy Spirit on the speaker.
- For compassion, conviction and clarity in the preaching of God’s Word.
- For boldness to preach and teach the truth in love.
- For the Holy Spirit to use the preaching of the Word to convict people of sin, to draw people to Christ, to minister salvation to non-Christians, to rebuke and correct those who have gone astray, to encourage the downhearted, to strengthen the weak, to heal the sick, to set the captives free, to train in righteousness, and to equip believers for every good work.
For the ministry time, pray:
- For the Holy Spirit to powerfully refresh, renew, and revive believers.
- For the gifts of the Holy Spirit to be manifested in a way that brings honour and glory to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- For life changing transformations to take place that will be evidenced by increased holiness, reverence and devotion to God.
- For a conviction of sin, righteousness and judgement to come so that the lost will be saved and the saved will not be lost.